Rental Agreement terms & conditions
Insurance Policy - Protection
Collision Damage Waiver (C.D.W.) – Reduces the liability of the renter for damage to the car up to the amount of the excess,
a) For Car Groups A1, B1, Maximum Charge €500.
b) for car groups C, C1, C3, C4, G,, maximum charge €700.
c) for car groups C2, G1, D, maximum charge €800.
d) for car groups E, E2, E3, G2, G3, I2, I3 R, S, maximum charge €1000.
e) for car groups F, S1, S2, S3, I, I1, J, J1, J2, K, K2, K3, K1, S4, S5, maximum charge €1500.
The excess is reserved for the period of rental by a credit card which must be issued in the name of the driver and will be fully refunded after the end of the rental period if no damage has occurred. The Basic Insurance does not cover damage to the underside of the car, tires and crystal breakage.
Full Collision Damage Waiver with No Excess (F.D.W.)
The renter can be FULLY exempt from the above-mentioned C.D.W. excess amount with an affordable premium per day,
a) for car groups A1, B1, C, G, daily premium cost €6.
b) for car groups C1, D, D2, G2, daily premium cost €7.
c) for car groups C2, E, G3, H, I2, J, R, S, daily premium cost €8.
d) for car groups F, I, I1, S1, S2, S3, J1, J2, J3, K, K1, K2, K3, daily premium cost €10.
With this package No Credit Card Need. We do not need to preauthorize any amount as warranty.
The Optional Insurance does not cover damage to the underside of the car, tires and crystal breakage.
Personal Αccident Ιnsurance (P.A.I)
Personal Accident Insurance covers hospital treatment costs and, in general, all medical costs for both the driver and the occupants of the vehicle.
Third-Party Insurance (T.P.I.)
You are insured in the event of injury or destruction of third party property beyond the renter and the passengers.
Car Theft Protection (T.P.)
You are totally relieved of financial responsibility in the event of theft of the vehicle. Your personal belongings are not covered.
Fire Insurance covers the damage caused to the rental vehicle by fire, lightning strike or explosion.
No insurance Coverage
- When the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- After an accident, driver doesn’t stop and doesnt take the necessary actions, such as informing our company, the Traffic Police (100), getting names and addresses of those involved in the accident, and not moving the car from the point where the accident took place before the representative of the insurance company or the Traffic Police arrives.
- When the renter uses the car for unfair and illegal purposes, for example. smuggling, theft, illegal transport of objects and goods.
- When the driver is not declared on the Rental Agreement.
- The driver uses the car for any kind of racing or competition.
- Damages caused to the vehicle because of off road driving (road without asphalt, beaches, mountains etc).
- The vehicle is used in violation of the traffic regulations (e.g. road signs, speed limits, road direction).
- Rates are calculated on the basis of collection/return to the same rental station.
- Delivery/Collection is free from our main stations Rethymno, Plakias , Heraklion
Airport, Chania Airport.
- Partially used vouchers are not refundable without our prior confirmation.
- Service will not be given for any unconfirmed reservation.
The mentioned car types are indicative only. Reservations are made based on the vehicle category-group, not for a specific model. In case of non-availability of a vehicle in the category pre-selected by the customer, always with reference to a confirmed reservation, Monza rent a car reserves the right to provide to the customer a higher category-group car, at no extra charge.
Minimum Rental Period
The minimum rental period is one day (24 hours). Rental days are calculated on a 24-hour basis, starting from the vehicle pick up time.
For reservations between 22.00 till 08.00 there will be a late night delivery fee. The total charge is 20 Euros.
Driving License for non EU Citizens
All renters must hold a valid EU or International Driving License. It’s a requirement to rent and drive a vehicle legally in Greece.
Minimum and older Age
Driver must be 21+ years old, with driver’s license held for minimum 12 months, for car groups A,B,C and 23+ years old, with 24 months driving license, for all other car groups.
Payment for the rental is made upon receipt of the car in cash or by credit/debit card. In special cases you may need to pay in advance to confirm your booking (you will be informed in time by booking department).
Monza rent a car does not keep any reservation fee or other guarantee unlike other car rental sites. The amount of the total payment will be shown in the last stage of the booking process. Once you fill the form with all the details about you, your reservation request will be created.
One way rentals
A one way car hire works by you picking up the car in one location and then dropping it off at another. One way rentals are available on request with extra charge, depending on different locations.
In case of cancellation, customers should give at least 24-hour prior notice. No amount is refunded or transferred to any other booking period.
After pick-up of the vehicle, any change or cancellation from the initial time schedule is not refunded.
The renter has to return the car with the same quantity of fuel it had when collected. In case the car is returned with less fuel than the original (less than the quantity of fuel the vehicle had when collected by the customer), the customer shall be charged with the fuel difference based on the current market price. No customer refund is provided in case of the car returned with a quantity of fuel greater than that collected.
- Additional Driver : 2 Drivers are free of charge, the 3 rd pax is extra 2€ per day.
- Baby/Booster Seats : are available upon request with charge : 2€ per day, per seat.
- GPS : is available upon request with charge : 8€ per day.
International one way rentals are not available. Transporting and driving the vehicles outside the island of Crete is not allowed.